Keeping abreast of current research topics and results in a field as dynamic as microstrip and printed antennas is a challenge for graduate students, researchers, and practicing engineers alike-theoretical and experimental advances since 1989 have quickly outdated existing literature on the subject. This invaluable reference provides the latest information on conventional antenna topics, comprehensive accounts of new research topics, updated research results, and summaries of future trends.
Advances in Microstrip and Printed Antennas is a comprehensive, up-to-date presentation of the research that is propelling these antennas into an ever-widening array of applications, including potential uses in radar and communication systems. Featuring contributions by leading researchers and supplemented with extensive illustrations, this book:
· Covers recent advances in probe-fed and aperture-coupled microstrip antennas, microstrip arrays, and dual and circularly polarized planar antennas
· Examines the development of CAD formulas for the rectangular patch
· Explores the potential for multifunction printed antennas, new high-temperature superconducting materials, active microstrip antennas, and tapered slot printed antennas
· Discusses the finite-difference time-domain method of analysis
· Examines competing dielectric resonator antenna technology
· Includes design data and an extensive bibliography